BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Just an easy run

It's funny how you get out there some days and your arms, legs and breathing are just all in sync, like a machine. Then the very next day you get out there and everything is out of whack, like it was for me today. I have found though, that it can go away after a few miles and everything will fall into place most of the time. I can get out there and after 4 miles, feel a little sluggish, but if I ignore my brain telling me to stop, I can usually snap out of it or catch a great second wind, but that didn't happen for me today. It wasn't that bad, so I decided to just sit back and enjoy an easy run. I just think it's funny that on days like this, my brain is telling me a million negative things, telling me I'm too old, too slow and that I should just give up. But I know that tomorrow, I can go out there and feel like running a marathon. That's why I don't give up. I know tomorrow, in most cases, is going to be awesome!
Shoe update: I'm never usually sore, but those new shoes obviously worked some different areas than my other shoes did. My thighs and rear end are sorer than ever!!
We're off to dinner for Taylor's 13th Birthday! =)

0 comments: